St. Theresa School prides itself on being an Apple School and having a focused Comprehensive School Health plan.
This will be our 2nd year of the "Stay Hydrated" project. All students will have their own St. Theresa water bottles in their classrooms so they can have easy access to drinking water all day long.
For more information about the Apple School Program, go to:
Our teachers work hard to provide our students with a quality physical education program. The aim of the program is to enable individuals to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to lead an active, healthy lifestyle.
- Adhere to Alberta Education Guidelines for minimum 30 minute requirement and program curriculum
- Enhance instruction by offering field trips within the community and on the school grounds i.e. swimming, skating, trim track, Winter Walk, sliding, etc.
- Use cooperative games from programs such as Tribes, EverActive, and LionsQuest to add to student skills
Cree Language Program
Our Cree instructors dedicate themselves to ensuring our students have ample opportunity to learn the Cree language in meaningful and engaging ways. The instructors follow the Alberta Education Cree Language Program of Studies and incorporate local language and culture in the program as much as possible. They infuse many of our literacy initiatives into their teaching as well.
On the first Friday of each month, our school hosts its monthly assembly in the gymnasium for all students. Each month the following topics (among others) are covered:
- O Canada (English, Cree, or French)
- Monthly Virtue
- Apple Schools (usually includes a whole school choreographed dance and this year will feature exercises)
- Literacy is the key
- Students of the Month
- Student Council Updates
- Spirit Days
- Review of Monthly Cree words/phrases
- Daily Announcements
- and much more!